Friday 20 March 2009



Last brief was to create a way of showing how to choose a university. To begin with i find posters and leaflets that are targeted at students since my target audience would also be students. The research i found was very bright, illustrative and intense so to begin with i took on this approach and tried to design something intense and illustrative. However this didnt work out, it wasn't appropriate to the context of the poster and simply blended in with every other poster seen in student common rooms, cafes etc. I need a new angle and decided to title my work how to find a university. Changing choose to find allowed me design a poster based on a map. As you can see above my poster is a map with the street names being the things to consider when choosing a university. I should have put colour into my work it would have made the work more visually interesting and i could have used colour to highlight the roads the viewer should be looking at. I probably should have left the other street names out because it takes the viewers eyes away from the roads i wish them to be looking at. All in all i tried to keep my idea simple and straight to the point in the end and i think i achieved this.

No comments: