Tuesday 13 January 2009

For the brief 100 ive focused my research on locks mainly looking at the obvious locks eg pad locks, key lock...but also canal locks, arm locks etc. I've researched how locks work the development of locks till digital locks. The statistics i have are based on the amount of breakins in the UK how safe people are keeping their houses. I intend on taking more photography, gaining more facts and statistics and finding more visuals of different locks. This will require questionaires, visiting diy shops, possible drawings and researching through books and the internet.

I intend on experimenting with different styles of books to see what will suit my Lock title. Packaging might play a big part in my work so i'll also be researching and playing with that. A lot of my research will be photography therefore photoshop will be a big part of my project in rendering my photos to look how i want them to. I might question what a book can be, whether a book can have 3D pages, whether the pages can come out of the book or have to stay in it. 

I will be photographing any packaging of books i am experimenting with so i can evaluate them on my blog and in my sketch pad. When developing my book i'll show it to people to see how they interact with the book, whether they find it interesting or not.

No comments: